Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Christmas Follow Up

As I read my last post and realized it has been some time in posting, I thought I'd give a quick post-Christmas and winter update.

The Christmas Village never got put up and we enjoyed lots of family time together.
Our time this Christmas truly was time spent honoring Jesus' birth.  Dare I say, I'm even considering Craig's listing my village.

Our New Year began and still continues with a Sunday that is a true Sabbath rest.  I don't check e-mail, or use the computer, we have been having family read aloud time and devotions, and we often will go out on a nature walk.

I've even tried to make meal time restful - the crock pot has become the Sunday appliance.  I will either make a breakfast casserole that can heat up on low overnight in the crock pot or I'll have pre-made egg & cheese sandwiches that can get heated up before we leave for church.   I'll often throw a meal into the crock pot before church so when we get home we have our big meal of the day around 1:30.

We've even managed on a few Sundays to get in a nap.    The early evenings have been just a nice family time of either board games or reading and on a rare occasion we might pop in a family movie.  The disconnect for the technology has been a delight.

Our homeschooling year is going great.  As we wind down the year we are considering a few options for next year including possibly switching to a classical model of study.  Whatever way we go, I know it is what God has in our plan.  We are always aware that God equipped us to know our children better than any school teacher ever will and when we teach mindful of their mind, heart and soul it is a whole different perspective.

No comments: